VOCES8 is partnering with the Faculty of Music at the University of Cambridge to offer teaching on a unique M.Mus course that combines world-leading academic and performance training.
Based in a cutting-edge and vibrant educational environment, the course is co-curated by performers for performers; receiving bespoke learning, graduates will be equipped to continue onto professional careers in the field of vocal music.
The vocal course comprises three elements: ensemble singing, solo singing, and academic study. VOCES8 will be jointly delivering teaching on the ensemble singing element. For full details of the course see the Faculty of Music website.
Course experiences will include:
- A lecture series delivered by VOCES8 and world-leading experts covering: technique, interpretation, direction, professional development and specialist musicology.
- A masterclass series with visiting clinicians including: David Hurley (former member of the Kings Singers), Ben Parry (former member of the Swingle Singers), Paul McCreesh (The Gabrieli Consort) and Simon Halsey (London Symphony Chorus).
- Performance projects including a collaboration with members of the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment led by Margaret Faultless, conducted by John Butt and opportunities to perform in concert with VOCES8.
- Directing and singing as a member of VOCES8 in a recital performance, writing new editions and arrangements and performing as a soloist.
- The opportunity to audition for places in the world-famous Cambridge college choirs such as: King's College, St. John's College and Trinity College.
- A solo singing masterclass series with visiting clinicians including Dame Emma Kirkby.
For more information please see this leaflet.
Applications can be made here.